October 22, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give Different Titles To


Some books' titles are just...bleh. They're too derivative, or they don't express the content of the book well enough. And I get how hard choosing a book title is, but I also know that it's often an editorial or publisher choice so...some titles should be better. For this post, I don't necessarily have a better title in mind. I just know that the book needs one. And also please know that I did enjoy the vast majority of these books despite their need for better titles. ;)

34728667
We're all very over the "of __ and ____" trend.

29456598. sy475
I just...it doesn't quite express the book's contents well enough, though it gets points for a lovely cover.

42245770. sy475
Sarah Dessen's titles are all fairly generic, but this one takes the cream of the crop. Saint Anything is probably her best title.

30622326. sy475
I know this one isn't even out yet, but the fact that it's SO similar to the title of the first book in the companion duology...it's just kinda uncreative.

25663575
Once again, a bit generic.

20443235
I loved the idea of The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime, but this one only fits because of the hard c sound. It makes this final book in the trilogy sound like more of a romance than a fantasy novel with a literal war.

I adore Kasie's books, but this one (and its companion sequel in number eight) needs a better title. The list part of the title is very important, but the rest only fit because of the alliteration.

40139204. sy475
Same as number seven.

39073361
I haven't read this one (yet), but the title reveals absolutely nothing about the contents except maybe that it's gonna be a super literary book. We'll see. (If my library would ever get a copy!) Update: I finally got to read this book, but yeah, the title still doesn't work.

40024139
We are also very over the __ & ___ trend. (She says even though that's the title of one of her novels.)


So what book titles would you change?

2 comments:

  1. 1. Literally any epic fantasy/sci-fi novel with a title that makes it sound like a romance book.
    2. Literally any primary-romance book with a title that makes it sound like an epic fantasy.

    There. Done. Half my bookish problems solved, just like that. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of the "of_ and _" trend, too.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...