January 31, 2014

Random Friday: Opening Lines


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following:
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
A book's opening line is very important.  It can either make or break a reader's decision to continue with the book.  It has to be enticing and memorable.

1. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."~Pride and Prejudice (Y'all knew I was going to include this one, I'm sure.)

2. "All children, except one, grow up."~Peter Pan

3. "Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show."~David Copperfield

4. "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."~Voyage of the Dawn Treader 

5. "I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear."~I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

6. "The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car."~The Last Olympian

7. "Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death."~The Fault in Our Stars


1 comment:

  1. Nice choices! Two of them made my list as well!
    http://dreams-dragons.blogspot.com/2014/01/random-fridays-opening-lines.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...