January 17, 2014

Random Friday: Simple Beauty


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following:
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
This week is all about things that are beautiful, but not in an elaborate way.  To me, simple beauty is often nature or just things for life that we take for granted.

Cover Photos | via Facebook
I love how you can tell there's a book but the flowers are the main focus.  Anyone else think the flowers form a lopsided heart?

I also love things like this staircase.
serendipity

Download Winter Time wallpapers to your cell phone - beauty snow time - 19291227 | Zedge
I'm kind of pocket watch-obsessed these days.

photography | Tumblr
A sparkler!

I've been using a lot of the following pictures for writing inspiration lately.

Ireland.
Ireland. :)

An up-close of a snowflake. Makes me think of Frozen.
A magnified snowflake.

Virginia. That's it. I'm ready to move back there.
My home state (Virginia).

Makes me think of "La Luna."

Firefly Forest in England.
Firefly Forest in England.  Looks like something out of a fairytale.

An old mill in the Black Forest.
An old mill in the Black Forest.

The Aurora Borealis and a volcano eruption meet in Iceland.
The Aurora Borealis and a volcano eruption meet in Iceland.

And finally...
A forest in Ireland.
A forest in Ireland. :)

Okay, now I want to see what is simple and beautiful for y'all!  I think this could spark a wide variety of posts since we all have such different opinions.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! These are great choices!
    I don't have as many pictures, but I wrote haikus for them, so that counts for something, right? http://dreams-dragons.blogspot.com/2014/01/random-fridays-simple-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can easily lose track of time looking at pocket watches on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these photos are gorgeous! Sometimes we just need to stop and pay attention to the beauty that's around us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...