January 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Debuts


2014 debuts!  That's an exciting topic.  Let's see if I can collect 10 authors...

18053060

1. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (4/1/14)
I suppose technically "Dorothy" isn't Danielle's debut since a prequel ebook novella was released in late 2013, but since this is the official book, I count it as her debut.

17182499

2. Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones (6/15/14)
Superheros and super powers seem to be the main themes I see popping up in YA these days.  I think it might be the next big theme.  Illusive sounds pretty awesome.

17668473

3. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (4/22/14)
Another WWII book!  Only this one is about the "niece" of Adolf Hitler.  This could be very interesting for sure.

15839984

4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (1/28/14)
I've talked about this one before, but I think it could be really good.  It's a different spin on a fairytale retelling.

17814086

5. When Audrey Met Alice by Rebecca Behrens (2/4/14)
I'm a history geek (thanks to my parents), so anything that puts a spin on something historical is always going to be fun.  I love it when contemporary meets historical.  Rebecca's idea is awesome.

15728577

6. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy (3/18/14)
There have been a lot of cancer books lately.  This one seems like an awesome twist on the usual formula, and I hope it's going to be great.

18140047

7. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira (4/1/14)
The premise is genius.  I've read the first 5 chapters, and April can't come soon enough.  And guess who has an ARC of this one?  I hope to devour and love it soon!

16081202

8. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (4/15/14)
I love the whole best friend angle (I was talking about that a few weeks ago in a discussion post), so I'm glad Emery Lord is making that the main focus.

18630484

9. Cinderella's Dress by Shonna Slayton (6/3/14)
Another book set during WWII. :) This one doesn't sound as serious as Rose Under Fire and The Book Thief, and it's a fun twist on the Cinderella story.

17375024
10. My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten (6/3/14)
This is a super unique premise, and I think it's going to be a fun read.


Honorable Mention: Falling into Place by Amy Zhang (9/9/14)
I'm still as excited as ever for Amy's debut, and I'm going to continue to mention it throughout the year.  Y'all have been warned.

15 comments:

  1. Sound like cool books. I got mixed up about what this week's them was, so no Top Ten Tuesday posts from me this week. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's too bad.

      I've seen several people who have just done 2014 books in general so you're not the only one who had a mix-up.

      Delete
  2. Side Effects May Vary sounds amazing! I really want to read that. I've never heard of Cinderella's Dress before, but I'm definitely going to add it to my TBR. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could add a book to your TBR list. Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Some of these are on my list too! Hopefully you will get to read them this year! I know my TBR list is still growing everyday lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! We have a lot of books in common !
    My TTT
    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! That's cool that we shared a lot of the same choices. :)

      Delete
  5. Illusive, Prisoner of Night and Fog, Cruel Beauty, and When Audrey Met Alice are all books that I think sound good! Open Road Summer and My Faire Lady both made my list! I think 2014 looks like a great year for debut authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorothy Must Die, Illusive, and Cinderella's Dress made my list as well! So excited to see Cinderella's Dress on your list, I feel like that book hasn't gotten too much attention yet, although it is still early. I'm also really excited for Prisoner of Night and Fog, such an interesting take on WWII. And I'm currently reading Cruel Beauty! Just started it today. So far so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm glad Cinderella's Dress made your list, too. I haven't seen it mentioned much, either, which is kind of sad.

      Delete
  7. So many good books coming out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I'm so excited for so many of these and a few made my list too. Side Effects May Vary and Love Letters to the Dead are the two I am really looking forward too, they both look so good! There seems to be so many good books coming out in 2014, I'm not sure where I'll find the time to read them all. I hope you get to all of your picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait for Cruel Beauty and Love Letters to the Dead! They both look excellent! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of Cinderella's Dress. Such a fun spin on a classic story! I have to tell Rachel. She loves Cinderella and historical fiction so much!

    -JB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...