February 27, 2016

I've Caught the Hamilton Bug

When the OBC recording of Hamilton became available for streaming, I swear, the entire book/blogging community lost their minds. Except for me. I held out. I knew it was mostly rap/hip-hop, which is not my scene at all. Like, the only rap song I own features Taylor Swift so...

But then, mere days after my Christmas break started, I found myself already in a state of boredom. So I caved and listened to the Hamilton soundtrack on Spotify. And now, when I look back at the Emma who didn't know lyrics to entire songs, I think...

"It must be nice."

Yes, that was a Hamilton reference.

I literally can't go anywhere without hearing Hamilton lyrics - my history class, chapel, Twitter... It's crazy.

I'm not a full-on Hamilton fan because some of the songs have too much rap for my tastes and there is foul language, but I have my favorites. Namely:

  • "Alexander Hamilton"
  • "Wait For It"
  • "Dear Theodosia"
  • "Non-Stop"
  • "What'd I Miss?"
  • "What Comes Next?"
  • "Guns and Ships"
  • "Burn"
  • "Stay Alive (Reprise)"
  • "It's Quiet Uptown"
  • "The World Was Wide Enough"
  • "History Has Its Eyes On You"
Now I Snapchat things like me lip-syncing "EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN," and I've made Dubsmash videos for a couple of the songs, and I may have created a Hamilton blog on Tumblr, and it's highly probable that I put a giant reference to the musical in one of my stories. Oh, and my laptop sleeve may be a reference to the musical, and I may have purchased a tea called Dear Tea-dosia... So maybe I am obsessed after all...

So, yes, I've caught the Hamilton bug, and I'm afraid there's no cure.

(My life motto. Credit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...