Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week was a Valentine's Day freebie, and since I've done So You Like... and other posts about books great for Valentine's Day before, I decided to mix it up a little.
1. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once." ~The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
2. "Sit. You've just been soundly kissed. No doubt you're short of breath." ~Splintered by A.G. Howard
3. "I think it's the bravest thing in the world to run straight at love, even knowing how badly you could get hurt." ~Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
4. "I fell in love with his unchanging soul." ~A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
5. "We were kissing like it was a long-forgotten language that we'd once been fluent in and were finding again." ~Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
6. "Across from us, Lia eyed our hands and then brought her own to her forehead in a melodramatic motion. "I'm a dark and angsty profiler," she intoned. "No," she countered in a falsetto, bringing her other hand up, "I'm a dark and angsty profiler. Ours is a star-crossed love." ~All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
7. "I meant it when I said I didn’t believe in love at first sight. It takes time to really, truly fall for someone. Yet I believe in a moment. A moment when you glimpse the truth within someone, and they glimpse the truth within you. In that moment, you don’t belong to yourself any longer, not completely. Part of you belongs to him; part of him belongs to you. After that, you can’t take it back, no matter how much you want to, no matter how hard you try." ~A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
8. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." ~Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
9. "The way I feel about him is like a heartbeat -- soft and persistent, underlying everything." ~Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
10. "I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little." ~The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
So what are your favorite quotes about romance and love?