February 26, 2016

We Never Go Out of Style


(Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Earlier this week, I talked about the books I've fallen out of love with. Now I'm going to talk about the ones I'm pretty certain I'll always love, the ones I'd reread monthly if I had the time, the ones I will make my children read someday. 

I went through my entire favorites shelf on Goodreads and narrowed it down to 42 books (as of writing this post at the end of December). I chose the books by the warm, fuzzy feeling I got inside when I saw their titles - even if the book is not the type that would induce those feelings when read (i.e., The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes).

Some of the books, I read as long ago as 2009 (that is, The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick), and others were read just this past fall (Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray).


There's a whole bunch of contemporary, which goes to show just how much I love YA contemporary fic, even if it's the genre that lets me down the most, too. (I probably just have really high expectations for it.)
A sampling of the contemporary novels on my list include:
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
Just One Day by Gayle Forman

And then there are those books that make my insides go all melty like chocolate chips in a cookie. I think about them and can't help but smile.
(Kind of like this.)

Heist Society by Ally Carter
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
On the Fence by Kasie West
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

So let's talk. What books do you think you'll always love? Is there something in particular about them that makes you feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...