February 28, 2016

Rewind & Review #56


What's happened these last two weeks?
~I turned in the final draft of a paper that drained me mentally.
~The weather has been all over the map. We got a 2-hour delay on the 15th; then, by the weekend, it was sunny and in the 60s. It got chilly again by the 24th and the weather was absolutely dreadful on the 25th. It's warming up a little, but not much.
~I finished season 6 of Parks & Rec and, to be honest, I'm probably not gonna watch season 7. Sorry, y'all.
~I'm almost done with season 7 of Gilmore Girls!!! It has been put on hold until I've finished Fuller House.
~I submitted my application for on-campus apartment housing. It's in the RD's and God's hands now, and I know God has a plan for me for where He wants me to be. I just hope it's a place I'll be happy and learn and grow in Him.
~I binged Fuller House and finished it in only 2 days. I really wish they'd done more than 13 episodes.
~I went to a bridal expo on Friday night with two of my friends, one of whom is engaged. It was really fun and there was so much good cake.

Books I Received for Review
The Taming of the Drew by Stephanie Kate Strohm (from Sky Pony Press via Edelweiss)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (traded with Alexandra)
Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond (gifted by my new Secret Sis!)

Books I Bought
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

Books I Read
All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (reread)
The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin (2 stars)
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (4 stars)
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson (2.5 stars)
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (reread)
The Things We Carried by Tim O'Brien (2 stars)
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman (3.5 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 2/15-2/20)

   (From 2/21-2/27)

Upcoming Posts in the Next Few Weeks (subject to change)
  • TTT: Books to Read if You're in the Mood for a Series
  • I'm Learning How to Use a Camera
  • Random Friday: Spring 2016 Reads
  • Interview with Heidi Heilig, Author of The Girl from Everywhere
  • So You Like... #24
  • TTT: Characters Everyone Loves But I Don't
  • Elevator Reviews #4
  • Writing Prompt #1
  • More "Girly" Books for Manly Guys

2 comments:

  1. I love Gilmore Girls! And Fuller House so far. I have a few episodes left that I'm hoping I will get to finish today. How are you liking the show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Fuller House; it was a bit cheesy at times but high on the nostalgia factor.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...