February 12, 2016

Random Friday: Characters I Love to Hate


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following: 
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
Happy almost Valentine's Day, dears! I decided to do a twist on my usual happy love theme for the Random Friday post closest to Valentine's Day this year. 

I'm gonna talk about the characters I dislike the most, but why I don't treat them with casual indifference. Note: there are some spoilers ahead, so if you see a series you haven't read yet, then you might want to skip my explanation for that character.

1. Mather from Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire
This trilogy has a definite love triangle, and I sense that the author favors Mather, which automatically means I'm a bit suspicious. I like when the author doesn't show a bias towards one of the choices in the triangle, and Mather just annoys me to no end. He's the "best friend since childhood" option, and I tend to not favor those guys for some reason.

2. Rowan from the Throne of Glass series
He's one of those physically attractive, brooding guys and the author clearly favors him as a love interest. In fact, she completely changed Chaol's behavior and personality so it would make sense for Celaena to choose Rowan. Except - it still didn't make sense to me. *sigh*

3. Ms. Chancellor from All Fall Down
She just rubs me the wrong way! She's not a villain, as far as I know, but I can't stand her.

4. Theo from the Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray
This series has a sort-of love triangle, and I don't favor Theo at all. (Thankfully, the author doesn't seem to favor him.) I also just don't like him as a person in any dimension.

5. Adelina from The Young Elites
Ok, I don't *hate* Adelina. But she's certainly not a hero, and I don't like a lot of her choices.

6. Levana from The Lunar Chronicles
I think Fairest was supposed to make us more sympathetic towards Levana, but it just made me dislike her more. She's such an awful woman and I abhor her.


So what characters do you love to hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...