August 21, 2016

Rewind & Review #67


~I watched as much of the Olympics as I could before I left. The rest of the recordings will be waiting for me when I return at Thanksgiving. And not gonna lie, I teared up a lot during the gymnastics events and when Katie Ledecky won her events. I was just so proud of girls doing awesome things.
~I moved back into the dorm. That was stressful.
~First week of classes happened, along with all the stress and busyness that come with that. My Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays are gonna be super low-key (just lots of homework since all but one of my classes are on Tuesdays/Thursdays).
~My work schedule is a mess at the moment, and I really hope it gets worked out because I need to be earning money.
~I had my first new viable book idea in two years. Pray that good things come from this, that I can produce the right story and I don't feel blocked at all, especially since I can submit bits of it for my intermediate fiction writing class.

Books I Received for Review
Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson (from HarperTeen via Edelweiss)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The July Novl Box, including Belles by Jen Calonita, Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom, Wildflower by Alecia Whitaker, The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone, A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger, and Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Books I Bought
Tumbling by Caela Carter
The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
What You Always Wanted by Kristin Rae

Books I Read
The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner (4 stars)
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (4 stars)
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee (3 stars)
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu (reread)
The Possibility of Somewhere by Julia Day (2 stars)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (2 stars)
Hearts, Fingers, and Other Things to Cross by Katie Finn (4 stars)
The Natural History of Us by Rachel Harris (3 stars)
Wanderlost by Jen Malone (4 stars)
Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas (3 stars)
Tumbling by Caela Carter (4 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 8/8-8/13)
   (from 8/14-8/20)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...