Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I had so much fun with creating the reading list for a class for a Top Ten Tuesday last year that I knew I had to do it again this year for the back-to-school freebie.
I couldn't pick just a few books, so I guess I'll have to use little bits of each book; otherwise, my students will resent how much reading I gave them, haha. Anyways, I really like the idea of teaching a literary YA fiction class because most of what I read for my English classes at college is literary fiction...but not YA, and I think we can learn a lot from literary YA fiction as well as literary adult fiction.
1. Like No Other by Una LaMarche
2. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
3. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
4. Out of the Easy by Ruta Septys
5. Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs
6. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
7. Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
8. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
9. Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
10. Every Last Word by Tamara Stone
What type of book-inspired class would you want to teach at a university? And what did you do for your Top Ten Tuesday this week?