January 25, 2018

Nineteen 2019 Reads

This is my fifth year of doing __teen 20__ Reads, and I'm so excited to continue the tradition. I've picked what I hope will be a great crop of books, so let's get started!

1. Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
Jenn Bennett's next title sounds absolutely wonderful - from the mystery-loving protagonist to her unique job.

2. Spectacle by Jodie Lynn Zdrok
The first historical fiction pick, with magic and a mystery/thriller vibe. I have a feeling this one will be a big hit.

3. Misaligned by Gloria Chao
Absolutely here for small Midwestern towns plus East Asian-American protagonists.

4. Pretty in Punxsutawney by Laurie Boyle Crompton
Basically two classic '80s and '90s films in one YA book. EXCELLENT.

5. Opposite of Always by J.A. Reynolds
Everything, Everything meets Groundhog Day? Sign me the heck up.

6. When the Ground Is Hard by Malla Nunn
It's a boarding school story, plus there's hopefully gonna be some important issues.

7. Color Me In by Natasha Diaz
Hooray for more Jewish protagonists!

8. Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills
After Foolish Hearts, I have no doubt Emma Mills's next book will be great. I'm just cranky we have to wait til 2019 for it.

9. Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon
The Goodreads blurb is pretty short, but I always love friendship stories.

10. Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau PReto
It's a readalike for The Winner's Curse apparently, PLUS there's warriors who ride phoenixes into battle!!!

11. Hungry Hearts by various authors
Do y'all know how many From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen posts this may spawn?

12. The Map From Here to There by Emery Lord
I have been waiting for a sequel to The Start of Me and You for so long.

13. The Dead Queens Club by Hannah Capin
It's a modern-day imagining of Henry VIII and his wives. I have much higher hopes for this one than Anne & Henry

14. Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know by Samira Ahmed
I'm just gonna leave the Publishers Weekly blurb here for y'all, because doesn't it sound amazing??
"A YA thriller told in dueling narratives that weave between past and present follows a Muslim-American teenager who partners with a descendant of French author Alexandar Dumas to unravel the mystery of a 19th century Muslim woman who appears in letters between Dumas and Eugene Delacroix."

15. Suggested Reading by Dave Connis
A secret book hustler who starts a reading rebellion sounds like one of my wildest dreams.

16. Ten Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
It's a holiday story, plus one of its "____ meets _____" comparisons is My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

17. Prognosis: Love & Death by Sona Charaipotra
Smart heroine? A love story? 

18. Dust Boy, Ash Girl by Andy Fukada
I'm tentative because this will probably be an epistolary novel, which isn't my favorite thing. BUT it's about pen pals at the onset of World War II, one of whom is Japanese-American, and the other is French.

36307634
19. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
NIKOLAI IS GETTING A DUOLOGY.


I'll see y'all halfway through the year for the second and final group of Nineteen 2019 Reads! Also stay tuned for check-ins on my Eighteen 2018 Reads!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I haven’t heard of any of these yet. Well I just added a bunch of them on goodreads. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...