July 4, 2013

Cover Love #2

First of all, happy Independence Day, everyone (well, my American followers).


It's my second Cover Love, hosted by Bookshelvers Anonymous, and I think I've chosen a good book for today.

Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

Y'all know how I love fairytales.  That's what really drew me to the cover of Entwined when I saw it in Barnes & Noble.  I love the fanciful designs around the edges and how a castle can be glimpsed in the distance.  Yes, a girl in a dress is overdone, but I don't care. It's a beautiful dress, and we don't see the girl's face.
Entwined is in my stack of books from the library, and I hope to start it soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty cover! :) I really love the castle in the background and all the vines "entwined" around the cover

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! YOU'RE READING ENTWINED! I agree, this cover is amazing, and the book itself is even better. I've read it several times, and it (and Princess of the Midnight Ball) helped inspire me to write one of my own novels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...