March 20, 2013

A Bookworm's Predicament

I have a stack on my nightstand, five books high (counting the one on the e-book library app on my iPad).  Then I have a mental list of books that I need to read in my head, and it's about twelve books long.  That's a bookworm's predicament-there's always so many books to read and reread, and not enough time to read them all!  Unless I want no sleep.  And sleep is important when one is a growing high school student whose homework must unfortunately come first.  So what's a girl to do?  I suppose I'm going to cut some less important things from my schedule so I can make more time for reading.  I remember when I was younger.  I was almost always reading.  Oh, how things have changed.

In case you're curious, here are the books in the stack and on the list. :)

The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson
Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson
On the Runway six-book series by Melody Carlson
Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
King Lear, The Tempest, and Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Not to mention I have 1984 (George Orwell) on request at the library... I have to read it for a scholarship contest.

But yes.  So much time and so few books to read.  Wait.  Strike that.  Reverse it.

10 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the fact that there are always too many books to read! But do you ever have it where one day you have "nothing" to read and the next you have EVERYTHING to read?
    Have you read "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You" before? I read it a couple years ago and it's really slow (for me at least) and not that good.... I thought that anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I was like that last week. Like, seriously moping around and moaning, "I have nothing to read." Then on, like, Sunday, I said, "I want to read this book and this book" and so forth.
      Yeah, I've read the whole series. The first two are my faves.

      Delete
    2. Really? I never finished the series.... to boring or something for me!

      Delete
    3. They're very action packed! I like Heist Society (same author) more, though.

      Delete
  2. Ooh that sounds so much fun! the Merchant's Daughter sounds interesting. Have you read it yet? what is it about? is it good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my fourth time rereading it. It's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Melanie also wrote a retelling of Sleeping Beauty and one of Snow White. The one for Sleeping Beauty should be read before the Snow White one. ;) And they're all very good.

      Delete
  3. You've got a passel of my favorites on that list, Emma! And I do know how you feel; I have so much trouble finding time to read sometimes. Ah well.

    BTW, where's the "Wait. Strike that. Reverse it." quote from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. :)

      Delete
    2. Ah. I thought so, because of the meme/gif/whatchamacallit you posted on WI a few days ago, but I wasn't sure. :) Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...