August 1, 2019

Reading Challenges Check-In #6

At this point, we're almost two-thirds of the way through the year, and I've worked on my reading challenges some more, so I thought it was time for an update.

In April, I read two Rory Gilmore Challenge picks: The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty and The Secret History by Donna Tartt, neither of which I liked very much.

May was a very busy month, and since I was ahead by two books (thanks to January and April), I decided it would be okay if I skipped one, but as June wore on, I felt more and more reluctant to work on the challenge. I've been generally unimpressed with the books on the list, so I've been actively considering if I want to continue the challenge or not.

And with that new challenge I started up a couple days ago, I think I have enough on my plate. So... almost three years after I started it, I'm considering my attempt of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge over.

NOW. I'm going to keep trying for the Newbery Challenge, and I have the Bookish States of America one to do now, too. So hopefully I'll have made some progress on those by the next time I check in (likely late this fall).

Also, if we count my goal of reading more classics this summer...I'm not doing great on that either, lol. Clearly I should stop setting challenges for myself because it's almost like they make me want to read those books less. Ah well. Stay tuned for another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...