Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I don't read a lot of memoirs, but the ones I do tend to be of two varieties: travel and food. To get me to care about some random person's life experiences, they have to be living/traveling somewhere interesting or eating/cooking a bunch of food, lol. Bonus points if it's a combination of both. So here are some of my favorites (with a few non-food/travel ones thrown in).
1. Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas
2. Brooklyn in Love by Amy Thomas
I especially love the second one, for all it's New York and Brooklyn restaurant recommendations. Every time I reread it, my soul misses Brooklyn.
3. Voracious by Cara Nicoletti
Food AND books? Just as great as food and travel.
4. The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure
Will definitely affect how you view the Little House on the Prairie books.
5. Four Kitchens by Lauren Shockey
Memories of cooking in four very different cities and restaurants!
6. Inheritance by Dani Shapiro
Very moving and thought-provoking.
7. The Measure of My Powers by Jackie Kai Ellis
Recommended by a dear friend, and I binge-read it because it was so enthralling. It's about food, depression, relationships, and diaspora.
8. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
Memories of her time undercover as a food critic. Very fun!
9. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
One of the few celebrity memoirs I've read. It's Princess Bride, though, so of course I had to.
What kind of books did you list today? Also do you have any memoir recommendations for me?