September 30, 2011

A Magical Trip

I keep discovering more and more books that I've forgotten to blog about!  Today's is The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone.  And guess where it's set?  The Chicago Art Institute!  It's about the Thorne Miniature Rooms.  Those rooms are AMAZING.  If you're ever in Chicago, you must beg to go to the AIC (Art Institute of Chicago) and then head downstairs to see these gorgeous miniatures.  They're like extremely well-created doll houses.  I've seen adults get excited about them.  Anyways, the book is about a magical key that the two main characters, Ruthie and Jack, find and what the key can do.  It's a really neat story, and I enjoy it, despite the magical elements.  It's nothing as extreme as Harry Potter, and my mom approved the book.  There's also a sequel coming out in January! :)

Oh, there's also a book about the Thorne Rooms (I had to buy it, LOL).  It's about the process of creating each and every room.  If you don't like details like that, I wouldn't suggest buying it.  But I enjoyed it, and I love looking at the pictures.  You can buy it in paperback or hardback at the AIC; I've also seen it on eBay and Amazon, too, I believe. ;)

Happy reading, and TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...