June 9, 2020

7 Nonfiction Titles to Educate Yourself About Racism

Hi, all! I've handed the reins to my mother once again, so she can share some excellent books to read. Right now, a lot of people are actively seeking anti-racist books in an effort to learn and do better. Great! My mother has gone through this journey herself in the last few years, and now it's one of the causes she's most passionate about. Her recs are particularly focused for our fellow Christians, but I highly encourage everyone to check out these texts when planning their anti-racist TBR lists.

20342617

38915761. sy475

37486533

20589319

32191706. sy475

8171378. sy475

44525577


I'm also sharing the images some of you might've seen circulating around Instagram in the last few weeks, with even MORE book recommendations on this topic. I'm including links to the original posts, since I can't figure out how to just embed the posts. ;P All of the images are created by Jane Mount (@jane_mount). Please note that not all books are by Black authors about racism towards Black people, especially in the children's and YA pics. But they are largely by Authors of Color, if not written by Black authors. And if you're a regular reader of this blog, I'm sure you'll see a few familiar titles. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...