June 20, 2020

Twenty 2020 Reads Check-In

Well it's just about halfway through the year, and so that means it's time for my annual check-in on how I'm liking some of my most anticipated books. I'll do this alphabetically by author this time.

45155609
Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed - A fairly solid book. For more thoughts, I linked my review.

The Code for Love and Heartbreak by Jillian Cantor - Not out yet! Its pub date is set for October 6th of this year. :)

The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson - I have a copy sitting in my TBR stack. Planning to read once I reread the original trilogy.

Muse by Brittany Cavallaro - Pub date pushed back to February 2021. :(

Salty, Bitter, Sweet by Mayra Cuevas - DNF. Alas.

Legendborn by Tracy Deonn - Pub date is currently set for September 15, 2020!

The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne - Haven't read it yet. :)

45043735
Every Reason We Shouldn't by Sara Fujimara - A bit of a letdown. See my review for more details.

These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong - Due to release on November 17 of this year. I'm eagerly awaiting it!

Eventide by Sarah Goodman - Another fall 2020 release.

My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows - It's on my TBR shelf and I hope to get to it soon!

52378724. sx318 sy475
The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning - Publishing in just a few weeks, and I have it preordered!

The Sound of Summer by Veera Hiranandani - I have a feeling this one will be pushed back to 2021, since it does not seem to have a pub date or cover yet.

44280973
The Silence of Bones by June Hur - Unfortunately, this wasn't quite the book I hoped it would be. I'm planning to give the author's future works a try, though.

45993634
Break the Fall by Jennifer Iacopelli - Loved this book so much. I'm a sucker for gymnastics.

45240918
The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson - I don't think I liked this quite as much as the rest of the trilogy, but it was still very engaging.

51932743. sy475
What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter - Kind of okay?

Six Angry Girls by Adrienne Kisner - Was supposed to pub in June but got pushed back to August, thanks to the virus.

50083121. sx318 sy475
Unscripted by Nicole Kronzer - I really, really liked this one. Read my review for more details.

A Pho Love Story by Loan Le - Another title pushed back to February 2021.

45043369
Anna K. by Jenny Lee - Shouldn't have been YA, honestly.

45045129
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord - Truly cute and very, very good.

45872054. sy475
The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu - Wasn't really engaged by this one. Might be partially the coronavirus's fault, so I'm hoping to try it again at a later date.

Miss Meteor by Tehlor Kay Mejia and Anna-Marie McLemore - Due to release in September.

44281037
Chirp by Kate Messner - Solid middle grade.

44281049
Lucky Caller by Emma Mills - Mills continues to solidify herself as my favorite author ever.

One of the Good Ones by Maika Moulite and Maritza Moulite - It has a title and a cover but was pushed back to 2021.

Splinters of Scarlet by Emily Bain Murphy - Pubbing in a month! :)

49952514. sx318 sy475
The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton - Lacked a compelling voice.

The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Park - DNFed because I really wasn't feeling the character voices.

Magic Dark and Strange by Kelly Powell - Another fall book. Much to look forward to in the second half of 2020!

34460349
The Midnight Lie by Marie Rutkoski - I love Marie's fantasy and that she's expanding the world of The Winner's Curse.

By the Book by Amanda Sellet - Still need to read. I own a copy at least.

How to Speak Boy by Tiana Smith - The plot was good; the prose was skimmable.

Rebelwing by Andrea Tang - Still need to read this one! :)

This Golden Flame by Emily Victoria - Another whose pub date moved to February 2021.

Off Script by Kate Watson - None of the libraries I have access to have acquired a copy, unfortunately.

51197236. sx318 sy475
Most Likely by Sarah Watson - Very meh overall.

45485682. sy475
Moment of Truth by Kasie West - While still not quite as good as some of Kasie's earliest books, I felt this was a return to form, after the last two books in this sort of companion trilogy.

My Summer of Love and Misfortune by Lindsay Wong - Thoroughly removed from my TBR after several poor reviews.


So there you have it! Four firmly pushed to 2021, one more likely to be moved as well. Two DNFs, four new favorites, and fifteen still to read (that pub in 2020)! I'll update y'all again in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...