June 22, 2018

Random Friday: Favorite Childhood Books


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following:
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my blog.
  • Blog about this week's topic (or a variant of it).
  • Add the link to your Random Friday post at the bottom of this one.

I've done this before, but I'm excited to share some of the books I loved when I was younger, the books that got me interested in reading long-term.

361728
1. Main Street series by Ann M. Martin
I read The Baby-Sitter's Club books, of course, but this series published while I was an avid reader. I loved how Martin created such a perfect small town feel.

317500
2. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
How could I not??

P.S. Publication order is the only right order to read the series.

857961
3. Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
I think I was introduced to the movie first, but I loved the book too.

11989090
4. The Smugger's Treasure by Sarah Masters Buckey
I loved a lot of the American Girl History Mysteries, but this one was definitely at the top of my list.

111332
5. Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
The Warrior cats were legendary.

1462487
The voice and plot are great. It's also so fun to visit the Met and think about where Claudia and Jamie hid.

24337
7. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Waaayyyy better than the movie. 

7893
8. Carney's House Party by Maud Hart Lovelace
Probably my favorite of the greater Deep Valley world (but I do love Betsy and Joe, too). 

9163
9. Royal Ballet School Diaries by Alexandra Moss
For a little girl who had once dreamed of being a ballerina, these books were a dream.

207153
10. Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
My second grade teacher read this book to us, and it was so good.

11852
11. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
I read this one in middle school, and it's one of my favorite books I had to read for school.

2264504
12. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Oh my gosh, this book was hysterical.

1127828
13. The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
Listen, I love Charlotte's Web, but this book is where it's at.

2612801
14. Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My mom read these to me, and they are still near and dear to my heart. (Although I have a bigger soft spot for the Caroline books.)

297249
15. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
Smol Emma devoured books just as much as Grown Emma does, so she loved long series like The Boxcar Children.


What were your favorite books when you were younger?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...