June 23, 2018

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

Like the tag I did a few months ago, I found this one just by googling book tags. I loved that it was all about gorgeous cover/book design. It was created by Book Syrup on YouTube; the original video can be found here. I loved doing this tag because it gave me an opportunity to take pictures of pretty books on my shelves. I also added a new category to the tag 'cause I had the perfect covers to fit it.


1. Best color combo on a cover
I love the beautiful ombre watercolor of Emery Lord's latest novel, The Names They Gave Us.

2. Best typography/font on a cover
Look at that color and those brushstrokes! They're vibrant, eye-catching, and perfect for Let's Talk About Love.

3. Best simple cover
The Hate U Give makes a statement, and its bareness is perfect for all the awards it has since received.



4. Best end pages
Every time I see Two Summers's end pages, I marvel over how French they feel.

5. Best map

Heidi Heilig's The Girl from Everywhere wins the best maps award by a long shot. 

6. Best naked hardback
I couldn't pick so...

The award goes to Emma Mills's This Adventure Ends and Foolish Hearts, as well as The Unlikelies by Carrie Firestone.

7. Best back cover
As picked by my Instagram followers, this one goes to The Queen's Rising.

8. Best chapter headers


I love the clean lines and the whimsy of the chapter headers for The Hazel Wood.

9. Best illustrations
This one was a no-brainer: Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee (with illustrations by 


(featuring pictures of Margaret Cavendish, Isabella Stewart Gardner, and Maria Tallchief)

10. Best spine
Dust jacket: The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Under the dust jacket: A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis



11. Best full spread
I added this category because I had the absolutely perfect book (well, three) for it.


12. Favorite cover on your shelves
There's a recurring theme here of me not being able to pick just one. So here are my two faves:

Congrats to The Queen's Rising for being featured twice and to That Inevitable Victorian Thing for having such a stunning cover.

Feel free to do this book tag yourself, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...