December 29, 2019

Rewind & Review #150


~I caught a cold during the second week of December. :(
~My first staff recs went up at work: The Start of Me and You and The Winner's Curse. I have several other books in mind, but I don't think our branch has copies, so that's going to make this interesting.
~Christmas 2019 has come and gone. I ate yummy food, got some nice gifts, and saw friends and family.
~Cats was blah. Taylor did all right, and I didn't hate most of the characters, but it was terribly paced and didn't have any spark.

Books I Received for Review
The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Park (from Sourcebooks via Edelweiss)
The Paper Girl of Paris by Jordan Taylor
You Say It First by Katie Cotugno (from HarperCollins via Edelweiss)
The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton
The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar (from Page Street Kids)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
A Kingdom for a Stage by Heidi Heilig
A Christmas Carol and Other Holiday Treasures by Charles Dickens
The Case of the Missing Treasure by Robin Stevens
Death in the Spotlight by Robin Stevens
Top Marks for Murder by Robin Stevens (gifts from my parents)
The Length of a String by Elissa Brent Weissman (gift from my aunt and uncle)

Books I Read
Rules We're Meant to Break by Natalie Williamson (4 stars)
Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills (reread)
Radio Silence by Alice Oseman (3 stars)
Crying Laughing by Lance Rubin (4 stars)
Lucky Caller by Emma Mills (reread)
Murder with Cinnamon Scones by Karen Rose Smith (4 stars)
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord (reread)
Word to the Wise by Jenn McKinlay (4 stars)
Murder with Cucumber Sandwiches by Karen Rose Smith (4 stars)
Gone by Nightfall by Dee Garretson (DNF)
Mistletoe and Murder by Robin Stevens (reread)
Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw (4 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 12/9-12/14)
   (from 12/15-12/21)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...