October 3, 2013

Review: United We Spy

13580951

United We Spy by Ally Carter
Grade: A
Summary: Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.

The Good: Bombshell after bombshell.  I'm not going to spoil anything specifically, but we find out who Zach's father is.  There are two characters who unexpectedly play a major part in the plotline.  I guess I should know by now most characters aren't introduced just to fill a place in the book.  They all have very specific purposes.  I love how big of a part Liz plays in this book.  For the longest time, it's just been Cammie in the spotlight and then Macey a bit.  Sure, Liz and Bex have played important roles but now Liz is catapulted into the spotlight.  The action kept me interested.  I had trouble putting down United We Spy on several occasions.

The Bad: The one thing that left me very confused was who the bad guy was.  It was hard to tell.  I mean, both Cammie and her friends, and Zach's mom wanted to take the Circle of Cavan down.  And the Circle of Cavan was pretty darn evil.  So was the Circle the enemy? Was Zach's mother the antagonist?  Were both the villains?  I think I would've liked that to be a little more clear.  Also, there's one part at the end that left me just...I don't know, sort of mad at Ally Carter for putting that in the book.  I can't say it, unfortunately, without spoiling a whole lot.

The Ugly: PG kissing.  Violence can get a bit tense at moments, but nothing too extreme.

The Verdict: I'll admit, I'm a bit biased since I love Gallagher Girls and Ally Carter.  But there's no way on earth I'd say, "Don't read United We Spy." Wait, I just thought of one. "Don't read United We Spy...until you've read the rest of the Gallagher Girls series." ;)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying when authors write an awesome series, then mess up the last book?

    This book sounds quite interesting; I'll have to look into the series sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she didn't mess up the last book! I loved United We Spy. But there's always something that bothers me, even with my favorite books.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...