October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Series Enders


So, the best and worst books to end a series...

BEST

13580951

1. United We Spy by Ally Carter
UWS has been appearing on my blog a lot lately, but IT WAS SO GOOD.

13406413

2. Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick
I'm sad that MDBC had to end, but I couldn't have asked for a better book.  I can still remember when I thought Pies & Prejudice was the last and then I found out Heather was writing two more to the series!

12873027

3. Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
Sure, it was a bummer that Jessica decided to only write three books in the series, but I enjoyed how it ended.  Silver Woods wrapped up a lot and added some new, fun elements.

7182899

4. Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix
There were so many questions left unanswered and that frustrated me at first, but this was an amazing conclusion to the first 39 Clues series.

9462971

5. Staying Together by  Ann M. Martin
The Main Street series was one of my favorites as a tween.  The characters had realistic flaws, and the plotline for Staying Together was great.

9876031

6. Ciao by Melody Carlson
I absolutely loved the way Melody wrapped up the On the Runway series, although I really wish she would've written more.  Maybe, hopefully, she'll revisit Erin and Paige at a later date? :) A girl can hope...

WORST

16074524

7. Famous by Jessica Burkhart
In all honesty, I haven't enjoyed the Canterwood books with Lauren as the protagonist.  I miss Sasha, and Lauren's books are just weak in general with too many cliffhangers at the end of chapters.  Famous introduced a new important character, something that really shouldn't be done in a series' final book.

7124921

8. The Last Hope by Erin Hunter
I didn't enjoy how the Erins wrapped up the fourth Warriors series.  So many deaths seemed like cop-outs, and the powers just got too extreme and fake (for a series about talking cats).

12107925

9. Day of Doom by David Baldacci
Whereas I liked Into the Gauntlet, Day of Doom was awful.  The dialogue was so cheesy.  So many plot points were let-downs.  And for a book series that was already a bit unrealistic, this one was just outrageously unrealistic.

13125947

10. Reached by Ally Condie
I liked Matched.  Crossed was okay-ish.  But Reached was just... blah.  It stretched on for too long and nothing exciting happened.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read famous yet. I do agree though that Lauren is a weak character yet I like her a bit more than I did Sasha. Throughout the whole series I felt like there lives were too advanced for 7th and 8th graders. I mean, who worries about their boyfriend or first kiss when they're 11 or 12? I think it is kind of ridiculous.

    Day of Doom was not a good series ender. I don't think they wrote it well with that part at the end and Amy.

    I really want to read Out of Sight, Out if Time.

    Have you read the House of Hades yet? My brother bought it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, too, about the whole series being too unrealistic for 7th and 8th graders.

      I haven't read House of Hades yet, but I plan to very soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...