Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I have such a long TBR that you'd think I'd anything I could to chop away at it. But sometimes there are books I want to read and know I should read, but I keep finding excuses not to read them...
1. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
I'm sorry, Jane.
2. Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
I keep putting this one on hold at the various e-libraries and then I just...don't read it. 😬
3. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
I think Hafsah is such a cool person, and so many people have loved her book, so I'm terrified it won't live up to the hype. Or I won't like it as much as everyone else has.
4. Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
It sounds like something I'd like, and yet it doesn't? So I'm kind of nervous to try it.
5. When the Sky Fell on Splendor by Emily Henry
I don't usually do sci-fi, but I really liked Emily's last book.
6. Middlemarch by George Eliot
It's so loooonnnnnggggg.
7. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
I added a bunch of adult historical fic to my TBR last fall, and now I'm avoiding reading most of them lol.
8. Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway
I tried for so long to get a copy of this book, and I finally traded for an ARC, and now I just...don't want to read it? I think I'm scared it won't have been worth the effort.
9. The Map from Here to There by Emery Lord
Will it live up to The Start of Me and You and The Names They Gave Us??
10. Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn Nguyen
I love a good fake dating book, but this one has so-so reviews, and every time I read the first few chapters at Barnes & Noble, I'm not feeling it.
Which books are YOU avoiding reading?