Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I tend to stick firmly within my comfort zone but sometimes I venture outside it, and occasionally that pays off. Most of my picks are based on genre (I don't usually like magical realism or fablism, horror novels, novels in verse, epistolary novels, or adult fic).
1. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
2. A Million Junes by Emily Henry
3. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
4. Other Words for Home by Jasmine Warga
5. From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon
6. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
7. A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
8. The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey
9. Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno
What have been your favorite books outside your comfort zone?