August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read


So there are several books I'm not sure I want to read.  They've been on my TBR list forever and some I've even checked out of the library and returned unread (like I did multiple times with Divergent).  Should I give any of these a chance?

12971662
1. Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
I didn't like Plus One, plus mermaid books are usually hit-or-miss for me.

8490112
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This is one of the books I keep putting off.  I've checked it out from the library twice.  I even renewed it once, in hopes that doing so would motivate me to actually read it.

16101159
3. Venom by Fiona Paul
Although I liked The Art of Lainey, I've heard mixed things about this one.  Hopefully I'll have time to give it a chance soon.

19346504
4. Bramblestar's Storm by Erin Hunter
The Warriors series progressively got worse and worse (the first is still the best, although the prequel series they're writing now is good), as have the super editions.  I do want to see how ThunderClan is doing after the fourth series ended, but I'm not sure how great this'll be.

18705209
5. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
The House of Hades was only so-so for me (Rick's been doing a lot of short chapters since The Mark of Athena), and I'm a little reluctant to say goodbye to Percy & Co.

9275658
6. Legend by Marie Lu
All the hype scares me.

Wow, okay, so only 6 books.  Could be worse, I suppose.

5 comments:

  1. LEGEND!!!!! Sorry, just got super excited. But seriously, you should read it. Don't let the hype scare you. That series is soooo amazing!! And I've heard great things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone even tho I have also been putting it off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter Of Smoke & Bone has appeared on a lot of lists, which surprises me. I read it way after the huge hype and worried I was the only one! Apparently not! Having read it, I highly recommend it :)

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-my-picks-for-books-im.html > Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I totally understand being intimated by the hype of Legend, but Emma I right now I am figuratively shoving it at you! :)
    I was hesitant to read the Divergent series (also because of the hype) but I went into it telling myself it was okay if I didn't like it over and over again, which made it even better when I loved it.
    So really, please please please just give Legend a shot. And make sure to let me know what you think of it.

    Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Legend out of those 6. It was pretty good, but I didn't love it as much as most people. (It has a lot of hype, too).

    I'm actually debating Daughter of Smoke and Bone, also, so if you decide to read it you'll have to let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a good read, I'm not obsessed with it like some people are but it was an interesting read. I'm sad to say goodbye to Percy...again! I thought I had already said goodbye to him with The Last Olympian, I don't know if I could handle a second goodbye!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...