August 3, 2014

Rewind & Review #19

Rewind and review

We are down into the single digits before I leave for Asbury!  This is scary crazy and also really exciting.  I have posts scheduled for the next few weeks, but I might be a little slow publishing comments once I'm down in Kentucky.  I'm not sure how much Internet time I'll get (hopefully enough to write the Random Friday post for the 15th...) and I'm also giving myself 3 weeks until the next Rewind & Review (partially since I likely won't acquire too many books).
I got to go to an unexpected author event on the 25th, which was loads of fun.  I got to see Erica O'Rourke, Joelle Charbonneau, and Stacey Kade - all of whom I've met before - and I got to meet Liz Czukas.  They're all fun authors, who give great hugs.
I've been packing up my room, which is very bittersweet and nerve-wracking.  I packed a ton of my books (and other things) and then instantly regretted it because I packed an ARC I'm suddenly dying to read.  Oops...

Books I Received
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (Thanks to Rachel and the On the Same Page ARC tour!)
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
The Elite by Kiera Cass (Traded for this one and Rebel Belle through the YA Book Exchange, so thank you to Allie!)
Unforgettable Summer by Catherine Clark (Swapped books with Meredith from Pandora's Books. Thank you!)
In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (Thank you to Read Between the Lynes for this ARC and the one above!)
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Thank you so much, Disney-Hyperion!  I actually squealed when I pulled it out of the envelope.)
Finding Ruby Starling by Karen Rivers (via NetGalley and Arthur A. Levine Books)
Being Audrey Hepburn by Mitchell Kriegman (via NetGalley and St. Martin's Griffin)

Books I Won
Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn (I won a Broken Hearts prize pack during the readathon back in June.  So now I have a signed hardcover of the book, plus some awesome book swag - lip balm!)
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas (Won this at the author event last Friday, and I think I may have literally book shimmied, squealed, and petted the ARC.  I swear I'm not a huge dork.)
This stack of books:
from Books With Bite (from her blogoversary giveaway).

Books I Bought
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones (e-book)
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke
Like No Other by Una LaMarche
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (My preorder and all the goodies arrived super early, so I'm over the moon!)

Books I Read
The First Battle by Erin Hunter (4.5 stars)
The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
Heist Society by Ally Carter (reread for RRSS14)
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones (3.5 stars)
Nil by Lynne Matson (4 stars)
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (3 stars)
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter (reread for RRSS14)
Like No Other by Una LaMarche (4.5 stars)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (2 stars)
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter (reread for RRSS14)
Sway by Kat Spears (DNF)
Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke (5 stars)
Landry Park by Bethany Hagen (reread for RRSS14)
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas (4 stars)
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (4 stars)
Finding Ruby Starling by Karen Rivers (DNF)
Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally (2 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 7/21-7/26)
   (From 7/27-8/2)
  • Clearing Out My Shelves
  • TTT: Emma's Guide to Contemporary Romance
  • Review: One Smart Cookie by Kym Brunner
  • Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
  • Book Spine Poetry
  • DNF Reviews: The Swap by Megan Shull and The Young World by Chris Weitz
  • TTT: Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read
  • Adapt These Books
  • DNF Review: Finding Ruby Starling by Karen Rivers
  • Random Friday: A Whole New World
  • Review: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
  • DNFing Books
  • Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
  • Christianity in YA
  • What Every Bookworm Needs
  • From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen: First Post!
  • Review: Starry Night by Isabel Gillies
  • Review: In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
  • Random Friday: Fall 2014 Reads
  • Review: Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...