February 12, 2015

Sixteen 2016 Reads

It's now 2015, which means I can start to feature 2016 releases without feeling guilty for bypassing all the 2015 books. And don't worry - books publishing this year will still get tons of focus, what with reviews, and Top Ten Tuesday and Random Friday posts, and maybe even some discussions. But I'm super excited about these books that are coming next year; I hope they're as good as their blurbs make them sound.



THE ONES FROM AUTHORS I'VE PREVIOUSLY READ
I'm always down for trying new authors, but I do have authors that are tried and true. There are some that have even made my auto-buy list.

Untitled by Marissa Meyer
The first in a superhero/super villain trilogy. Y'all know about my deep love for superheroes, so hopefully this will be a winner. *prays the pub date won't change*

Look Both Ways by Alison Cherry
I got to review Alison's book, For Real, back in December, and I added this one to my TBR list around the same time. It sounds like it'll be cute and fun.

Bad Luck Charm by Paula Stokes
So far, I've only read The Art of Lainey, but I thought it was cute so I hope this one is just as good.

Daughter of the Dragon by Kiersten White
Kiersten's books have been a bit hit-or-miss for me, but I have high hopes for this one! It sounds cool, as long as that love triangle doesn't cause too much drama.

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody
"...pitched as Groundhog Day meets..." Welp, they had me at Groundhog Day.

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
I see the word dragon...

When We Collided by Emery Lord
Hello, auto-buy author. If this book isn't as good as The Start of Me and You or Open Road Summer, I'll eat my hat.
(Disclaimer: I will not actually eat a hat.)


THE ONES FROM NEW-TO-ME AUTHORS
So some of these titles are debut novels, or they're just books from authors I've never read before. Here's hoping I'll enjoy them, and perhaps I'll want to read more of the author's work!

The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
TIME-TRAVELING. 

Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
"...in the vein of When Harry Met Sally..." I don't think anything will ever top Better off Friends when it comes to YA When Harry Met Sally retellings, but this sounds very fun.

Tumbling by Caela Carter
Yes to books set at the Olympics or having to do with the Olympics.

Wanderlost by Jen Malone
This sounds super cute and loads of fun. Hopefully it'll be everything that Royally Lost was not.

In Real Life by Jessica Love
I'm a bit tentative about this one (because what the main character does is highly dangerous), but here's hoping it's good!

The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
It's apparently inspired by Hamlet, y'all. I'm sold. AND it's historical fiction.

The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos
Anyone looking for a mystery?

All the Hidden Places by Monica Hesse
More historical fiction, because why not?

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Sherlock's and Watson's descendants teaming up, boarding school, and romance.

So that's the first Sixteen 2016 Reads! Hope you found some new books for your TBR list, and I can't wait to see if these titles live up to my expectations!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Marissa Meyer's superhero book was on Goodreads! :D
    Also, "The Shadow Queen" sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa Meyer is an auto-buy. She is amazing. And we talked on Twitter about how excited I am for the new C.J. Redwine. I LOVE her Defiance trilogy!! The new Kiersten White book sounds really good too! I really enjoyed her last book, what's it called... Illusion something? God, I'm terrible. Illusions of Fate maybe? Anyway I really enjoyed that one so I'm pretty excited, esp if there are dragons!! Love these posts, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...