Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I would absolutely love to give a future dog or cat a literary-inspired name. Here are my top eight picks!
1. Dorian (from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas)
Can you just imagine Dorian as a fluffy puppy?
2. Miri (from Princess Academy by Shannon Hale)
This one would work better for a cat in my opinion, but I also really want to have Corgis one day, so I could see naming one of them Miri.
3. Kestrel (from The Winner's Curse trilogy by Marie Rutkoski)
I just really like the name, but I would never burden a future child with the name so guess it'll have to be for a pet.
4. Nix (from The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig)
Definitely a cat.
5. Ophelia (from Hamlet)
Ophelia is one of my favorite characters, so of course I have to honor her and name a future pet (probably a Corgi or Sheltie) after her.
6. Finch (a.k.a. Matt Finch from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord)
I like the surname so much I gave it to one of my characters.
7. Sloane (from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson...and Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
It's just a great name, but I can't see myself giving it to a kid.
8. Hale (from Heist Society by Ally Carter)
And no, I won't burden that pet with the name W.W. Hale the Fifth.
So what literary-inspired names would you give your pets or children? (Or which ones have you given your pets/children?)