January 23, 2020

6 Cozy Mystery Recommendations

I've been reading a BUNCH of cozy mysteries in the last few months, and I thought it was time to share some recommendations. :)

34764767
1. Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes by Karen Rose Smith
If you like food-centric mysteries and small rural towns, this four-going-on-five book series is a great fit.

36630895
2. A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder by Dianne Freeman
If you're like me and crave more historical fiction that isn't dual timelines or narration, plus has an interesting plot, you've got to read Dianne Freeman's books.

9745415
3. Library Lover's Mystery series by Jenn McKinlay
For book lovers and people wanting a nice long series, you have to check out Jenn McKinlay's cozy mysteries. (This also isn't the only cozy mystery series she has! She's also done one about a hat shop and one about a cupcake bakery.)

20647000
4. Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams
This one is set in my home state, so that was an immediate draw. It has some intrigue that puts it just a little over the cozy mystery line, but it's still an enjoyable read.

13055971
5. Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams
If you like a little magic in your books, this rec and the next are perfect for you. I picked this one up since it's about a pie shop.

25894026. sy475
6. Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower
This one has probably my favorite pet in a cozy mystery series (there's always a cat or dog, let's be real), and it has a magical bookstore to boot. Fair warning: some aspects of the Native American rep feel a little iffy to me.


If you want more recommendations, I have a whole list I plan to read, but since I haven't read them yet myself, I didn't want to put them in this official post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...