June 11, 2014

Book Blogger Feature: The Library Canary

This month, I have a feature that will last until July.  I'll be featuring several different bloggers.  Last post, y'all got to know Alice of Alice in Readerland a little bit better.  Now it's time for...



The Library Canary!

About The Library Canary
"Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog, Emma! I'm Rebecca and I blog over at The Library Canary. My blog just turned one year old in February (Yay!). I started my blog as something to do when I was unemployed and now it has grown into something that I am truly passionate about. Books have always been a big part of my life so I love sharing my thoughts on what I read and discussing books with other people! I'm from Chicago, but am currently living in Northern Virginia (right outside of Washington DC). When I'm not reading (which is hardly ever, let's be honest) I am spending time with my husband, going on walks, working out (and despising it), wandering the museums of DC, or talking on the phone with my family."

Emma: What would you say is your favorite part of the book blogging community?Rebecca: The people. I have made so many friends since starting my blog (that I can't wait to meet in real life!). I love chatting with them about books, but also about other life things. It's really been a great experience, one full of support and kindness. 

Emma: What's your favorite YA subgenre?
Rebecca: Definitely fantasy. I love being able to escape to a world completely different than my own. It truly is the best kind of escape.

Emma: What's your favorite book within that genre?Rebecca: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. That's the second book in the Throne of Glass series for those of you that don't know. These books are amazing!! The main character is a highly trained assassin who, quite frankly, scares me a little. But I totally love her. And the romance!! Chaol Westfall is my man, my number one book boyfriend. I'm in love. The action, the tension, the drama. Everything about this series is awesome and you should all go read it. 

Emma: Signature question time: What's your favorite fairytale?
Rebecca: I've always loved Cinderella. The idea that a girl can go from nothing to a princess just warms my heart. Plus she has little mice that help her get dressed in the morning. I mean, come on, that's awesome. 

Emma: What has been the best moment of your blogging career?
Rebecca: I would have to say reaching my one year blogoversary which took place back in February. I'm really proud of myself for reaching that milestone and for sticking with it for as long as I have. I love blogging just as much today as I did over a year ago. Other proud moments include anytime an author talks to me on Twitter, retweets me, etc. It's always so amazing to be able to interact with an author. I still fangirl like crazy every time it happens. 

Emma: What do you see as the next big trend in YA (like vampires, dystopian, mermaids, angels, etc.)?
Rebecca: Oooh that's a good question. I don't really know. But I'll tell you what I would LIKE to see as the next big trend. High fantasy. It doesn't seem like there's a ton of high fantasy in YA and I want more. With the success of series like Throne of Glass and The Girl of Fire and Thorns, I'm hoping that it becomes a bigger thing. 

Emma: What's the YA trope that irritates you the most and why?
Rebecca: Absentee parents. I know you totally all thought I was going to say the love triangle. But I don't really mind love triangles when they're done correctly. But absentee parents drives me crazy!! Seriously?? You don't notice that there's something seriously wrong with your child?? I can't even think of a specific example right now, but it happens. All. The. Time. Parents care about their children in real life. Why should it be any different in book life? 

Emma: Any upcoming books you're highly anticipating?
Rebecca: Oh geez. How many can I choose?

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas for sure. DYING for this one!
This one is not coming up anytime soon, but Winter by Marissa Meyer. I am dying to see how she's going to wrap up the Lunar Chronicles series!!
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers, the last book in her His Fair Assassin series. Another one I will shamelessly book push on people.
The Young Elites by Marie Lu because, well, it's Marie Lu.
Oh and Winterspell by Claire Legrand which is a Nutcracker retelling! How cool is that??
I'm going to stop now, but I could seriously go on forever. So many good books! And my TBR pile never seems to shrink. The life of a bookworm, right. 
I'm making grabby hands right along with you for those books. (Especially Mortal Heart.)

Anyway, thanks for having me, Emma! I had a lot of fun answering your questions! If I don't know any of you, tweet me (@LibraryCanary) and introduce yourselves! I love making new bookish friends!
Thank you, Rebecca! It was great to interview you.  Y'all can check out her great posts here as well as follow her on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me, Emma! The questions were so fun to answer. Ironically and awesomely enough, I got my hands on three of those books that I'm highly anticipating! Heir of Fire, Mortal Heart and Winterspell! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...