Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So, books in my (imaginary) beach bag. I tried to choose light reads, because who wants to read something depressing or scary on a sunny day at the beach in front of so many strangers. I also don't think I could fit sunscreen, water, food, or anything else in this bag because of how full it'll be.
1. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
This book is set in the Hamptons during the summer, so it's the perfect beach read.
2. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Wishing for a summer spent on the road with your BFF and a swoon-worthy boy? Put this read in your beach bag!
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Swoon-worthy summer romances are basically the theme of this TTT, so don't forget this romance!
4. Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
It was hard picking just one of Michelle's summer romances, but I ultimately chose this one since Anna and Will are adorable, and it's set on a beachy island.
5. The Selection by Kiera Cass
Although there are definitely issues aside from romance and it can sometimes get angsty (although that's more in The Elite), The Selection is definitely a good romance to read.
6. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
I almost recommended On the Fence, but since it isn't out yet, I chose something that can automatically go in your beach bag. Cute boys, snarky dialogue, and a sense of sarcasm that reminded me of myself at times.
7. Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
Y'all know why I love this book. I'll say nothing more.
8. Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
There's romance, yes, but there're also hijinks and hockey and figure skating.
9. Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae
It's a summer romance, for goodness' sake. Get this book in your beach bag asap!
10. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
Another summer romance, and this one's set in a theme park!
11. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Oh, look another summer romance. This isn't my favorite book of hers, but it's still a cute read.
12. Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando
This choice is quite different from my others mainly because it revolves around friendship, family, and love, with love being only a small part.
13. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Another romance, but this one isn't as fluffy as some of the others I've mentioned.
14. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
My favorite book by Lindsey, so of course it's going in my beach bag.
15. Belles by Jen Calonita
This book isn't too heavy, so it's a nice read for the beach.