February 1, 2017

Emma and Bookstagram

For the longest time, I couldn't see the appeal of Bookstagram. I was never one for photography (I also didn't think I was very good at it), and I thought my blog here was enough. But then last June, I finally caved and created a book-specific Instagram account, just so it wouldn't bleed over into my personal account. It was partly because I had had a photography class, so I knew more about complementary colors and lighting and what-not. It was also partly because I was partway through the most boring summer I've ever had, and I needed something new to fill my time. And I'm kind of hooked now.



I'm the first to say my photos aren't the best out there. But it's fun to feature books, and to figure out what people like to see, and to figure out my photo style. Every Bookstagrammer has a style, and while each individual's photos will vary a little, there's usually a common background, lighting scheme, or set-up to their photos. I have no clue how to describe mine, but I've loved sharing books and finding ways to feature fun props.

The embed feature on Instagram isn't working. :P So I'll take screenshots of a few and include the links below them...

June 21, 2016

July 1, 2016

July 12, 2016

August 4, 2016

September 27, 2016

December 22, 2016


So are you on Bookstagram? Or do you follow Bookstagram accounts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...