Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Some of my favorite quotes are from books...and here's eight of them. :)
1. "In friendship we are all debtors. We all owe each other for a thousand small kindnesses, for little moments of grace in the chaos." (from Emery Lord's The Start of Me and You)
2. "You found me in a constellation." (from Francesca Zappia's Eliza and Her Monsters)
3. "Loneliness is a strange sort of thing.
It creeps on you, quiet and still, sits by your side in the dark, strokes by your hair as you sleep. It wraps itself around your bones, squeezing so tight you almost can't breathe. It leaves lies in your heart, lies next to you at night, leaches the light out of every corner. It's a constant companion, clasping your hand only to yank you down when you're struggling to stand up.
You wake up in the morning and wonder who you are. You fail to fall asleep at night and tremble in your skin. You doubt you doubt you doubt.
why won't I
And even when you're ready to let go. When you're ready to break free. When you're ready to be brand-new. Loneliness is an old friend stand beside you in the mirror, looking you in the eye, challenging you to live your life without it. You can't find the words to fight yourself, to fight the words screaming that you're not enough never enough never ever enough.
Loneliness is a bitter, wretched companion.
Sometimes it just won't let go." (from Tahereh Mafi's Unravel Me)
4. "Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book." (from John Green's The Fault in Our Stars)
5. "It was like swimming under the stars, like sleeping outside, like climbing a tree in the dark and seeing the view. It was scary and safe and peaceful and exciting, all at the same time. It was the way I felt when I was with him. 'Like a well-ordered universe.'" (from Morgan Matson's Since You've Been Gone)
6. "'You're better than waffles, Matthias Helvar.'
A small smile curled the Fjerdan's lips.
'Let's not say things we don't mean, my love.'" (from Leigh Bardugo's Crooked Kingdom)