July 16, 2014

Birthdays and Blogoversaries

So today is my birthday...



...(and also my parents' wedding anniversary), and tomorrow is my 3-year blogoversary!





I figured I'd share 13 random things about myself, facts that I'm pretty sure I haven't shared before.  Why?  Because I like sharing random facts.


1) When I was a toddler, my bedroom was Winnie-the-Pooh-themed.

2) I want to own a Corgi someday.

3) I've outgrown most Disney Channel shows, but I still love Phineas & Ferb, reruns of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and reruns of Lizzie McGuire.

4) Although I love the library, I don't think I could ever be a librarian.

5) I've never seen - and have no interest in - Star Wars.

6) I like to pretend my early blog posts don't exist.

7) I've been a Swiftie since 2009-2010.  I can never remember exactly when I started liking Taylor Swift.  I just know it was after Fearless and before Speak Now.  I think it was around spring 2010.

8) Whenever a Justin Bieber song comes on at a dance, I've been known to run out of the room (and people have started to notice and comment).

9) Story time!  When I was little, I asked my mom if we could get a dog.  She told me she was allergic, so I said okay and went back to my room.  A little while later, I came back out and asked if we could get a cat.  She said she was allergic to that, too, so I said okay and went back to my room.  Then I returned and asked if she was allergic to fish.

10) Before last year, I reread books more than I read new books and I was a bit of a book snob.  Thanks to book blogging, I've become a bit more open-minded and read over 175 new (or new-to-me) books.

11) I have the entire upstairs of our house to myself, except for when we have guests.

12) I'm allergic to sweet potatoes, of all things.

13) I someday hope to write a retelling of Emma, because how perfect would that be?

I was planning to do a giveaway for y'all, but unfortunately, funds are a bit tight right now.  Watch for my clearing the shelves giveaway in early August, though!

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you were born on your parents' anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I started blogging I reread books all the time and now it's like I don't get a chance to which sucks if it's a series and I forgot stuff about I need to reread it so I can remember what happened. Because of that reason I try to wait until most of the books are out.


    Btw, happy birthday and blogoversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story about wanting a pet made me laugh. That's hilarious! And I'd run out of the room if I heard a Justin Bieber song too. *hi5*
    Happy birthday, happy blogoversery, and happy anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! You've got a lot of exciting things happening this week. :) When I was a kid my sisters and I begged my parents for a pet for years. We finally got gold fish at a carnival one year. And then we were allowed to get gerbils. And then FINALLY one day, my Dad decided we could get a dog. Hallelujah. So I definitely understand about the whole begging parents for a pet thing. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and Blogiversary! Thankfully, my school doesn't play Justin Bieber at dances, but I do the same thing as you for Miley Cyrus. Is your dog now one of those non-allergy type dogs? (At least I'm fairly certain that you have a dog now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he's got ton of fur, lol. Basically, we just keep him out of the bedrooms, and that helps.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, Emma! (And to your blog ;) )
    It's normal; I repel Justin Bieber as well. And I hope you got that fish :P
    PS Love the GIFs!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...