July 6, 2014

Rewind & Review #17

Rewind and review

Not a lot of bookish news from these past two weeks.  The good stuff is: my dad is currently working a temp position, so yay!  It's not permanent, but at least he's working.  Second, Asbury gave me the financial aid I'll need, so we're praising God for that.  And third, I was emailed my housing assignment; I now know what dorm I'll be in and who my roommate is.  I don't expect us to be BFFs (I've read enough books and know from others that that would be incredibly unrealistic), but I hope we'll become friends and I really hope we get along.  We've started talking on Facebook, and she is so nice. Plus she loves books and Disney, so I have a feeling we will get along just fine.  Also, I am taking this opportunity to apologize to anyone who follows me on Goodreads.  I added about 50-ish books to my TBR list in the last few weeks, and your timeline must've been full (I do hope you found new books for your own TBR lists, though...).
Now onto the bookish happenings.

Books I Received
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall (via Macmillan/Swoon Reads)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (via Macmillan/NetGalley; I'm on the street team so watch my Tumblr July 6-12!)
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (via Harlequin Teen/Edelweiss)

Books I Bought
Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
The Nightmare Dilemma by Mindee Arnett
Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick

Books I Won
Haven't received any in the mail, although I won a prize pack from Fierce Reads (so I'm waiting for that to arrive...) and an e-book of my choice from the Pandora's Wonderland month-long blogoversary event.

Books I Read
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone (reread)
The Falconer by Elizabeth May (4 stars)
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (reread)
The Jewel by Amy Ewing (reread)
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Defiance by C.J. Redwine (3.5 stars)
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor (reread)
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani (3 stars)
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (reread)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (5 stars)
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (reread for RRSS14)
A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani (DNF)
In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis (2 stars; Hannah will be reading and reviewing this book for y'all!)
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton (2 stars)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (reread for RRSS14)

Currently Reading
The Nightmare Dilemma by Mindee Arnett
Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg (for RRSS14)
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick (reread)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 6/23-6/28)
   (From 6/29-7/5)
Upcoming Blog Posts in the Next Few Weeks (subject to change)
  • Review: One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington
  • What Should Be on Your TBR List
  • Interview with Paula Stokes
  • Review: Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
  • Linh Cinder
  • ReReadathon Update
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Movies
  • Birthdays, Blogoversaries, and Giveaways
  • Mighty Mississippi Book Blast Recap
  • Random Friday: Literary Kindred Spirits

4 comments:

  1. You're planning to do a post called Linh Cinder, so somehow I'm excited. (I'm a huge Lunar Chronicles fan.) I'm hoping other characters follow ;)
    And thank you for a What Should Be on Your TBR List post - I'm starting to run out of reading material! (as if that's possible)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah for your dad getting a temp job and things working out with Asbury! :D
    Please let me know how the Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet is!
    I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts, particularly the TBR list one. 'Twill be interesting to see how many of the books are already on my TBR list (probably about half the books on it, I found through your reviews and recommendations), and hopefully I'll find some others as well. Not that I'm running low or anything . . . I'm still rejoicing about my library haul from two days ago. (Six books- five new, and the last one is Cress! And all of them are GINORMOUS! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read it before (had an e-galley). It's mostly a novelization of the vlogs, with a few things added in (money troubles that Lizzie didn't want to voice, etc.).
      Yay for library hauls!

      Delete
    2. Ah, ok. Thanks for telling me. :) I'll see if my library has it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...