April 3, 2018

Reading Challenges Check-In #4

I planned this check-in, figuring that I would've been a prolific reader in the first few months of 2018 since I don't have a lot of classwork and because both Rory Gilmore Challenge and Newbery Challenge books are readily available from the library as e-books so I'd be able to read them despite the cold weather.


But here's my update anyways.

The Newbery Challenge

So first up, I added the 2015, 2017, and 2018 winners to the spreadsheet. And I did manage to read a couple Newbery winners!

At the end of February, I read Sounder, which I was super excited for but which also made me mad in the first 25%. (Dog books tend to do that to me.)

During spring break, I read The Crossover, which definitely wasn't my usual style, but it was a fun read. Very rhythmic. 

Overall, I'm 64% done with my Newbery challenge (which doesn't even include all the medal winners), so I'd say I'm doing pretty good!


The Rory Gilmore Challenge

I forgot to mention last time that I read A Room of One's Own in December, but that doesn't really count for this update.

I did read/reread the first Nancy Drew book, The Secret of the Old Clock, in January! The person who organized the Goodreads list put the entire series, but I thought it best to only read the first book specifically for the challenge. Otherwise, that would be, like, 64 more books for an already large challenge.

During a desk shift one night in February, I read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, so that was another book checked off the list.

Other than that, I have slacked off. Shame on me. 

I've read 47 RGC books so far, and, percentage-wise, I'm 21% done.


There're just so many books I want to read and so little time. D:

1 comment:

  1. That comment about your reaction to Sounder makes complete sense to me. I remember how you yelled at me at the end of Old Yeller 🙈. I really had to work to convince you to stick with me when I read The Incredible Journey to you later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...