October 12, 2019

Another Edition of Books I Recently Removed from My TBR

Occasionally I go through and cull books from my TBR based on Goodreads reviews or if I'm really not feeling them anymore. I removed a good handful in August and September, so I thought I'd share the titles here and explain why.


42519279. sy475
The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone
I've generally liked Jen's past book, but the voice just wasn't here for this one. It didn't engage me from the start, and roller derby isn't my thing anyways.

39679076
House of Salt and Sorrow by Erin A. Craig
I know this one hit the NYT Bestseller List, but everyone said it was so boring?

40111647
Who Put This Song On? by Morgan Parker
I was supposed to review an e-galley of this one, but the voice was all wrong from the get-go.

43263625
Nope, not here for books that are disrespectful of Christianity.

35561260. sy475
Nocturna by Maya Motayne
I kept seeing reviews saying this was super weak for fantasy.

42201658
Love at First Like by Hannah Orenstein
Too many pop culture name drops, and the protagonist wasn't careful about her whole scheme at all.

39073359
Maybe a Mermaid by Josephine Cameron
I'm so picky about middle grade, so it wasn't personal.

40848323
Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen
I LOVE fake dating stories, but the parents were really getting on my nerves in this one.

40640860
When the Sky Fell on Splendor by Emily Henry
Too hardcore sci-fi for me.


Do you remove a lot of books from your TBR? What books have you removed recently and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...