October 30, 2019

Why I Love The Lovely and the Lost

Jennifer Lynn Barnes has been on an incredible book streak as of late. I love her Naturals series and her Fixer duology. While Little White Lies definitely captured my attention last fall, it was a bit overshadowed by, in my opinion, by her spring 2019 release: The Lovely and the Lost. And here's why.


1. The puppers
I am a dog-lover through and through, so the amount of dogs in this book give me great joy. From Silver the German Shepherd, to Saskia the Husky, to NATO and Duchess the bloodhound mixes, there's a range of lovable furry companions.


2. The haunting plot lines
I don't want to spoil anything, but I'll just say Jen is good at twisty plots that keep you guessing and will often leave you a little spooked.


3. The family bond
Technically, the main character Kira is a foster daughter/sister, but she is very close to Cady, her foster mom, and Jude, her foster brother. Also there's good family stuff with Cady's dad, Bales, and I wouldn't hesitate to say that the dogs, especially Silver, are part of the family too.


4. The boy
Jen always has good potential love interests in her stories. Gabriel Cortez is no exception.



If you love contemporary that's a little more fast-paced and comes with dogs and strong characters, you need to read Jennifer Lynn Barnes's latest book.

38136879. sy475

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...