July 26, 2015

Rewind & Review #42

Rewind & Review

So what's happened over the last two weeks?
1) I had my birthday! My mom took me for donuts in the morning, my BFF took me to a pizza place for lunch and then we went to Barnes & Noble, and my mom made my favorite dinner. I got two books and a giftcard to Joseph-Beth Booksellers.
2) We went to IKEA to get some of the furniture we still needed for the new house. I got my chest of drawers and a gorgeous bookcase. My parents got two bookcases because we're going to set up the technical living room as a library. (My bookish tendencies are inherited.)
3) We hit in a bump in the closing of our house. I was so stressed out and angry that I may have killed a few extra characters in my book. Oops... (I have an insincere apology prepared for the friends whose characters are now dead.) We did end up closing, albeit two days later than planned. We've started moving stuff in, and furniture has been delivered.
4) My dad painted my room Friday night, and all my bookcases were in place as of yesterday. So I've been organizing my collection and trying to figure out what will fit where. I have three bookcases with about thirteen shelves between them, and I still don't have room for all of them (especially considering I have at least 25 books in my storage unit in Kentucky). I'll try to share pictures soon though!

Books Received for Review
The Golden Braid by Melanie Dickerson (from Thomas Nelson via NetGalley)
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman (from HMH Kids via NetGalley)
The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow (from Simon & Schuster via NetGalley)
I Don't Know How the Story Ends by J.B. Cheaney (from Sourcebooks Jabberwocky via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally (my mom bought it for me at the author event two weeks ago)
The Archived by Victoria Schwab (birthday gift from my mom)
A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin (birthday gift from Kelly)

Books I Read
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally (3.5 stars)
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (reread)
Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt (DNF)
The Smuggler's Secrets by Kathleen Ernst (3 stars)
Deception's Pawn by Esther Friesner (3 stars)
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee (reread)
Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius
52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody (reread)
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (3 stars)
17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen (reread)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (reread)
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (3 stars)
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne (reread)
Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash (3.5 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 7/13-7/18)
   (From 7/19-7/25)
  • Review: Shadows of Sherwood by Kekla Magoon
  • TTT: Fellow Book Nerd Characters
  • DNF Review: School for Sidekicks by Kelly McCullough
  • So You Like... #16
  • Review: What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi
  • TTT: Fairytale Retellings
  • Secret Sister: It's Like Secret Santa Except for 6 Months
  • Review: Bright Lights, Dark Nights by Stephen Emond
  • Random Friday: Country I Want to Visit Most

6 comments:

  1. Bummer you didn't love Don't ever change. I have that one on my tbr.

    I hope you enjoy your next books more :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy reading :)

    Here's my weekly wrap up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random Friday: Countries I Want to Visit Most, I am so participating in that one!

    How do you add the "You Might Also Like" at the end of your posts? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look below them, you'll see a tiny little gray link that says Linkwithin. You can set it up there!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday, love! I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice day and that the moving thing is working out (despite a few bumps and bruises - don't worry, I kill characters out of stress far more often than I'm willing to admit! ;)).

    Also, the books you received as birthday gifts have been on my TBR forever, so I do hope you enjoy them - they sound absolutely incredible. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I read and loved The Archived earlier this year, but I still have to read A School for Unusual Girls so I hope it's good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...