June 8, 2016

Whittling Away at My TBR List

A couple nights ago, I decided I needed to eliminate some books from my TBR list. Granted, my to-be-read-released shelf on Goodreads (which is what I focused on) isn't as long as some bloggers'. But it's long enough that it was making me feel anxious, and books are getting moved to it pretty much every week from the to-be-read-unreleased-2016 shelf.
I decided the easiest way to decide which books should stay and which should go would be to download samples of them to my iBooks app on my iPad, read the sample, and decide if I still wanted to read the book.

I downloaded 28 titles in total (which was approximately 38% of my TBR list as of Sunday night). I knew that would be too many for one post, so I'll be dividing this post up over the next two months - or beyond, if I end up doing this test again later in the year. I read eight chapter samples on Sunday night and here are the results.

16101031 22397530 27206487
Tarnish by Katherine Longshore
It's staying! Not sure when I'll read it, since none of the libraries I go to has it, and it's not one I'll want to own.
Operation Pucker-Up by Rachele Alpine
Not interested anymore.
The BFF Bucket List by Dee Romito
Seemed promising. It's staying.

24885729 22464715 17798068
Ruby Reinvented by Ronni Arno
Staying for now. If I haven't had a chance to read it by the end of the year, I may revisit this decision.
Summer of Lost and Found by Rebecca Behrens
Definitely staying on my TBR, at least for now. 
Return Once More by Trisha Leigh
Kind of fascinating. It'll stay for now, but since it's just an e-book, not sure when I'll get around to reading it.

2421898324531080
Even if the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
Didn't even read the whole sample. I liked some elements, but it's definitely not for me, so it's off my TBR list.
Breaker by Kat Ellis
Didn't finish this sample either. Wasn't my thing, which stinks because it was one of my Sixteen 2016 Reads. I didn't like the narrator's voice at all, and that's important for me.

So I eliminated three out of eight books, which isn't bad. I honestly wish I'd eliminated a few more, but I'm definitely interested enough in the five I kept on my TBR to give them a try. Thanks for reading and stay turned for part two in a few weeks! (And feel free to try this method yourself, if you haven't thought to already. Let me know in the comments how it goes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...