June 19, 2016

Rewind & Review #63


~I suffered from a serious case of ennui.
~My allergies finally kicked in, and it was not fun.
~We visited a new used bookstore. It reminded me of both Books-a-Million and Half Price Books. Their selection wasn't too bad; they had a lot of fandom merchandise and other bookish knick-knacks, too.
~Last weekend, I went to B-Fest events on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I won the trivia contest on Friday night, so I got a ton of cool stuff, and I finally met Sara Raasch! (And saw Anne Blankman again. :D) (Pictures from Saturday below.)
~I finally started an Instagram just for bookish posts. If you want to follow me, my handle is @awkwordly_emma.
~Some of my biology assignments have been ridiculously unclear. I've taken online college classes before, but this is turning out to be one of the hardest.




Books I Received for Review
All We Have Left by Wendy Mills (from Bloomsbury via NetGalley)
Afterward by Jennifer Mathieu (from Macmillan via NetGalley)
The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts (from Entangled Teen via NetGalley)
Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler (from Simon Pulse via NetGalley)
Lucy and Linh by Alice Pung (from Random House Knopf BFYR via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore (won from Nori's blogoversary giveaway)
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (won at the B-Fest trivia contest)

Books I Bought
Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Compulsion by Martina Boone
Song of Summer by Laura Lee Anderson (I had an e-book credit, so bought for my Kindle app)

Books I Read
The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer (3.5 stars)
And I Darken by Kiersten White
Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando (reread)
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed (reread)
The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry (DNF)
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius (3 stars)
The Memory Book by Lara Avery
Isabel Feeney, Star Reporter by Beth Fantaskey (3.5 stars)
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (5 stars)
Ruined by Amy Tintera (4 stars)
It Wasn't Always Like This by Joy Preble (DNF)
This Is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer (2 stars)
The Firefly Code by Megan Frazer Blakemore (4 stars)
Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
Royal Wedding Disaster by Meg Cabot (3 stars)
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (4 stars)
Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker (DNF)
The Main Street series by Ann M. Martin (reread)
The Summer of Lost and Found by Rebecca Behrens (3 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (from 5/30-6/4)
   (from 6/5-6/11)
  • Interview with Courtney Griffin, Senior Publicist at Bloomsbury
  • TTT: Favorite 2016 Releases Thus Far
  • Review: And I Darken by Kiersten White
  • Random Friday: Weird Holidays
  • Writing Prompt #7
  • Books I Loved But Never Reviewed
  • TTT: Series I Plan to Finish This Year
  • Non-Fiction and Me
  • Review: The Memory Book by Lara Avery
  • The Chapter Sampler Test Part 2
  • Review: Poison is Not Polite by Robin Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...