December 28, 2018

Random Friday: Favorite Movies of 2018


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following:
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my blog.
  • Blog about this week's topic (or a variant of it).
  • Add the link to your Random Friday post at the bottom of this one.

I've actually seen a lot of movies this year! (Enough that not every single movie I saw was a favorite, haha.) This summer had some great releases, and I was right by an AMC so I could do $5 Tuesdays any time I wanted. 

Black Panther film poster.jpg
1. Black Panther
Listen, I literally saw it three times, and I hyped it up so much that my MOM wanted to see it, and she doesn't like superhero or sci-fi movies.

A large crowd of men and women standing on a wooden pier.
2. Mamma Mia 2
Despite some plot holes, this one was a delight. I'm hoping it'll be better in a home theater since there were some attendees at the showing I went to that kind of ruined it for me.


3. Incredibles II
(More like fourteen years, but my point stays the same.)


OceansEightPoster.jpeg
4. Ocean's 8
Such rollicking fun.

Crazy Rich Asians poster.png
5. Crazy Rich Asians
What a pleasant surprise! I really didn't expect to cry during the wedding scene, lol.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before poster.jpg
6. To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Such a lovely adaptation. It's always going to drive me crazy that they moved the setting from Virginia to Oregon for no apparent reason, but the actors are all great.

The Hate U Give poster.png
7. The Hate U Give
I saw it three times in theaters, and I cried so hard, y'all.


8. Mary Poppins Returns
Quite delightful, although there were a few moments that didn't feel quite in-character for Mary (book or original movie version).


What were your faves of 2018? If you haven't seen those on my list yet, I highly recommend them!



Inlinkz Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...