December 30, 2018

Rewind & Review #125


~Had my last week of work before the holidays. I've been home, relaxing, since last weekend, and I'll head back to the city in a couple days.
~Once I was home, my family and I went to see Mary Poppins Returns.
~I edited my spreadsheet for the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge a little, and removed a bunch of books because it wasn't clear if Rory had read them or not. While this cut how many I'll have to read, I unfortunately had to remove a bunch I'd already read. So now the challenge is down to 146 books, which I've read 26 of; that equals 18%. I've definitely gotta get a move on with this challenge.
~I did my annual bookshelf cull, where I pull the books I don't want anymore and/or probably won't ever reread. I think my stack is a bit smaller this year than in the past, which might be a good thing? Maybe I'm getting better at buying books I truly want.

Books I Received for Review
Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (from Wednesday Books via NetGalley)
Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon (from S&S via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Yours Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick
Snow in Love by various authors (from my parents)
Archenemies by Marissa Meyer
The Wonder of Us by Kim Culbertson (from my aunt and uncle)

Books I Bought
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Tales of Horror by Edgar Allan Poe
Sonnets by William Shakespeare
Middlemarch by George Eliot
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (big thank you to my employee discount)
Puddin' by Julie Murphy
The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Books I Read
To Be Honest by Maggie Ann Martin (4 stars)
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy (reread)
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan (4 stars)
The Dead Queens Club by Hannah Capin (DNF)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (reread)
Puddin' by Julie Murphy (4 stars)
A Desperate Fortune by Susannah Kearsley (4 stars)
Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers
Snow in Love by various authors (4 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 12/17-12/22)
   (from 12/23-12/29)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...