February 10, 2019

Rewind & Review #128


~It got colder??? And then...we had a couple days where it felt more like spring?? I am so confused.
~I managed to finish King of Scars in 24 hours (I wanted to read it before January was over), so I consider this a great triumph.
~One of my friends asked me to write a short story with the characters from the You've Got Mail-esque story, and that's been fun to write. I've been working on another short story with those characters for awhile, but this one is set a little earlier and isn't going to be as angsty, lol.
~It was a year ago this weekend I was in New York to shadow at Bloomsbury. And now I've worked there eight months.

Books I Received for Review
Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (from Random House via NetGalley)
Color Outside the Lines by various authors, edited by Sangu Mandanna (from Soho Teen via Edelweiss)
Enchantée by Gita Trelease (from Miss Print's ARC Adoption Program)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
If You're Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser (via trade)

Books I Bought
The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian

Books I Read
Heaven to Betsy by Maud Hart Lovelace (reread)
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (3 stars)
Betsy in Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace (reread)
Betsy and Joe by Maud Hart Lovelace (reread)
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (4 stars)
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (4.5 stars)
Match Me If You Can by Tiana Smith (3 stars)
Odd One Out by Nic Stone (3 stars)
One Giant Leap by Heather Kaczynski (DNF)
Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace (reread)
Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick (reread)
Dare You to Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch (2 stars)
Cress by Marissa Meyer (reread)
Pies & Prejudice by Heather Vogel Frederick (reread)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 1/28-2/2)
   (from 2/3-2/9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...