December 14, 2014

Rewind & Review #27

Rewind & Review

The week after Thanksgiving break was absolutely insane. I read a grand total of one and a half books (two, if you count the e-novella). I had two papers due and there was a ton of other craziness going on. The highlight of the first week was probably scoring Taylor Swift tickets. She's coming to Lexington next fall, and I'm going with three of my favorite people, even if our seats aren't the absolute best.
This past week was finals, and boy was that a blast. (Not.) I'm pretty sure I'll be passing all my courses, though, and hopefully I'll be getting A's and B's!
And now, once again, as you can see in the haul video below, I'm finally home! I get to spend a month in my own house, my own room, my own bed. It's going to be delightful baking, and dancing around the house when my parents are at work and not worrying about being too loud for anyone, and spending time with so many books. (As of typing this post, there are 10 books in my reread stack, 10 in my library haul, and 6 in my bought/ARC stack. And I aim to finish all of them by January 9th, the day I leave to go back to school.)

Books I Received
Down from the Mountain by Elizabeth Fixmer (via NetGalley/Albert Whitman & Company)
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton (via NetGalley/Delacorte)
Emeralds & Ashes by Leila Rasheed (via Disney-Hyperion

Books I Bought
From Me to You by Elizabeth Eulberg (free e-book)
Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Deception by C.J. Redwine
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

Books I Read
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White (3 stars)
The Young Elites by Marie Lu (4.5 stars)
From Me to You by Elizabeth Eulberg (3 stars)
Autumn Falls by Bella Thorne with Elise Allen
Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers
Maid of Deception by Jennifer McGowan (4.5 stars)
Escape Theory by Margaux Froley
Bramblestar's Storm by Erin Hunter (3 stars)
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (DNF)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 12/1-12/6)
   (From 12/7-12/13)
Upcoming Blog Posts in the Next Few Weeks (subject to change)
  • Review: I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books of 2014
  • So You Like... #9
  • Random Friday: Best Movies of 2014
  • My Extra Special Collection
  • Review: Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want Santa to Bring
  • 2014 End-of-the-Year Survey: the Books
  • Merry Christmas to the Book Characters: the Sequel
  • If You Take Me to a Bookstore
  • Mini Reviews: Autumn Falls and Escape Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...