December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors of 2014


Last year was my first year actually reading lots of YA, but I read a lot of new-to-me books this year as well. So here are my top ten new-to-me authors of 2014.

Sarah J. Maas
1. Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass series)
Sarah is crazy amazing, everyone. She writes fantastic fantasy, and I'm ashamed that I didn't read Throne of Glass until January 2014.

2. Morgan Matson (Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, Since You've Been Gone)
To me, Morgan is one of those authors who deserves the title Queen of Contemporary. I have deep love for Since You've Been Gone and Second Chance Summer, and I can't wait to see what she writes next. I'm very glad I finally read her books.

3. Paula Stokes (The Art of Lainey; Secrets of the Eternal Rose trilogy as Fiona Paul)
Paula definitely tops my list of super awesome authors. She put together an amazing author tour that stopped in Chicago, and I have no doubt her future books will be great.

And now for the rest of the authors, who are just as snazzy and fantabulous, but I'm a busy college student, so I can't write seven more paragraphs.

Leigh Bardugo
4. Leigh Bardugo (Grisha trilogy)

Erica O'Rourke
5. Erica O'Rourke (Dissonance)

Mindee Arnett
6. Mindee Arnett (Arkwell Academy series, Avalon)

Rae Carson
7. Rae Carson (Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy)

8. A.G. Howard (Splintered trilogy) [She's the cooler-looking one to the right.]

Marie Lu
9. Marie Lu (The Young Elites)

10. Alecia Whitaker (Wildflower, Queen of Kentucky)

2 comments:

  1. She didn't make my list but Leigh Bardugo is a great choice! I can't wait to read Siege & Storm, and her new book too!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of all of these authors but I haven't gotten around to reading them. There's just way too many books to read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...