December 28, 2014

Rewind & Review #28

Rewind & Review

It's been so good to be home. I've done so much reading, and I've baked twice and even cooked dinner one night. I haven't written as much as I would've liked to, but that's because the ideas haven't been coming for this story. I hope they will soon, though! I also got to see two of my friends (one of whom I didn't see over Thanksgiving). Additionally, I am now addicted to this jigsaw puzzle app which tells you what an old lady I am.
Our Christmas was supposed to be quiet, as it has been for the last few years. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church, but were only there for part of it. My mom started feeling really unwell halfway through so we had to go to the emergency room and spent part of Christmas Eve there. Christmas Day was more uneventful; we did stockings, had breakfast, and then opened the rest of our gifts. Then we mostly relaxed. I read a LOT, and that night we watched Saving Mr. Banks.
P.S. I'm adding something new to my reviews in 2015. It'll be below the buy links. ;)

Books I Received
Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes (via NetGalley/Entangled Teen)
Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones (via Edelweiss/Little, Brown for Young Readers)
Wild Hearts by Jessica Burkhart (via Bloomsbury)
Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Solitaire by Alice Oseman
99 Days by Katie Cotugno (via Read Between the Lynes)

All Four Stars by Tara Dairman
The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor (All from my Secret Santa, Nicole from The Quiet Concert; she also gave me candy, slipper socks, and a Taylor Swift mix CD. Thank you so much, Nicole!)
Cinderella's Dress by Shonna Slayton (Thank you to Kate!)
The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (Thank you to my grandparents!)
Home of Our Hearts by Robin Jones Gunn
Margot by Jillian Cantor
Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George (Thank you to my parents!)

Books I Bought
Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross (e-book)
The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris (e-book)
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

Books I Read
Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt (3.5 stars)
Home for the Holidays by Heather Vogel Frederick (reread)
The Secret of the Key by Marianne Malone (3.5 stars)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (reread)
Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither (DNF)
This Side of Home by Renee Watson
Emeralds & Ashes by Leila Rasheed
The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel (reread)
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally (3 stars)
Captive by Aimee Carter (4 stars)
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson (reread)
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (3.5 stars)
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton (DNF)
The Only Thing to Fear by Caroline Tung Richmond (4 stars)
Home of Our Hearts by Robin Jones Gunn (4.5 stars)
Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell (4 stars)
All Four Stars by Tara Dairman (reread)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 12/15-12/20)
   (From 12/21-12/27)
  • Review: Emeralds & Ashes by Leila Rasheed
  • 2014 End-of-the-Year Survey: Blogging and Looking Ahead
  • Happy New Year Giveaway
  • Random Friday: Favorite Pieces of Art
  • Awkwordly Emma's 2014 Book Awards Finalists
  • Rewind to 2014: Best Debut Authors
  • Review: When by Victoria Laurie
  • TTT: 2015 Debuts
  • From the Bookshelf to the Kitchen: Malenchki Dumplings
  • A Bookish Swiftie's Recommendations Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...