May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Feel Differently About


I tend to not reread books I didn't like, so most of the books in this post are going to be ones that I no longer like. I'll start with the ones I like more now than I did before, though.

Good Different

17286849
1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I was so-so on this one when I first read it, but now it's one of my favorite books.

18051121
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
I didn't like Anne for several years, but now she's near and dear to my heart.

16101168
3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I still dislike Lola as a character, but I like her book more than I used to.

Bad Different

28187
4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
This used to be one of my favorites in the Percy Jackson series, but when I reread the series this spring, I found I didn't like it nearly as much anymore.

9415959
5. Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
Man, this used to be one of my favorites. It was one of the first YA books I read, and I loved that it was a retelling of Hamlet. It ended up being a big disappointment and nothing like I remembered.

13409664
6. Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
This is mostly its sequel's fault. I didn't like Nearly Found at all, and it weakened my opinion of Nearly Gone.

3238153
7. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
This is a similar case to Falling for Hamlet. Upon finally purchasing and rereading it, it was much too slow and not nearly as touching as I first thought.

9627755
8. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
In contrast to Lola, I liked Isla when I first read it.

16100944
9. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
It's still a cute and fun read, but I only like it instead of loving it.

Are there books you like more now than you did before? Or are you more like me - you have a ton of books you dislike now?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree about Anne of Green Gables. I first read it when I was pretty young (7 or 8-ish) and I did not like it except for a few certain bits. But now I enjoy it much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? You don't like Lola!? :( Lola and The Boy Next Door is my favorite out of all of Stephanie Perkins' books! :D
    I'm kinda feeling this about YA in general. I haven't really been into anything I've read lately...Maybe that's why I'm stuck in such a bad reading slump! I need to find more books about people around my age, but that's really hard! :\

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fangirl is one that definitely holds up, I agree. I liked it when I read it and looking back I still think highly of it. Why I haven't read any more of her books is beyond me...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...